Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Leo Ku Magic Moments Concert 2007

I know that this is a very late post, but u know how I am, procrastinator supreme and all that. Better late than never right? Anyway, I was in KL in December, around Christmas since I had a few job interviews before and after Christmas. It just happened that Leo Ku (古巨基) was in KL for his Magic Moments Concert on the 23rd of December. I'm not really a big fan of his, since I rarely listen to Cantonese songs, but I do like a few of them, especially his 'Golden Melody' (勁歌.金曲) song, since it's a compilation of many nice K-songs. Maxis was one of the major sponsors of the concert and since my uncle works there, he'd gotten 2 free tickets and asked if I wanted them.

Since I had nothing better to do, and I've never actually been to a BIG concert, I thought ok, don't waste the free tickets. Yi Chan, Chiet them were all in KL and I msged them to ask if anyone wanted the extra ticket, but apparently no1 did, so I just went alone. My relatives dropped me off at Stadium Merdeka after church and dinner and I was kinda apprehensive since I'm new to the whole thing but it was fairly easy as it was already close to the starting time. I got my bottle of water confiscated at the entrance but other than that, it was pretty easy to find my seat. Did i mention what seats they were? No? Get ready for this, they were VVIP seats! The very FIRST row and CENTER, baby! Talk about a good start for my 1st concert huh? The VVIP area was even closer to the stage than the most expensive tickets being sold at RM360. The only people closer to the stage were the press and the organizers. And I'm not even a huge fan. Lol.

But knowing that Leo Ku is known as one of the New Heavenly Kings in Hong Kong, and he's a good singer, I thought it should be a pretty entertaining and good concert. The stage was very nicely decorated as a sort of fake forest, with a sort of fantasy/fairytale theme, hence the name 'Magic Moments'. Heck, Leo Ku came out suspended under this huge mechanical bird thing for his entrance. Throughout the whole show, you could see many fantasy elements, such as dragons, sleeping princesses, clocks running around ala Alice in Wonderland and such.

See what I mean? Fancy silvery butterfly wings and all

For me, the highlight was probably when he sang 'Golden Melody' and actually walked down the stage to walk around the VVIP area, shaking hands with both the VVIP area guests and the guests in the RM360 ticket area. I got to shake his hand twice, which is pretty cool even though I'm not a huge fan. But it was a nice thing for him to do, and he could still sing the heck out of the song while walking. C'mon, its a 10 minute song, with several difficult parts, that's pretty amazing.

He also did an Aaron Kwok song, not sure of the title, but it's that fast one with the famous dance moves and he did pretty ok, though its totally not like his good boy/balladeer image. When he went down for a change of clothes, Justin (側田) came up and sang. Then, they had this beatboxer, with Justin, Leo and 2 other guys to form this sort of boyband thing which was pretty interesting and different from what I expected. All in all, it was a good concert, for my 1st one anyway, and yes, Leo Ku definitely can sing. Justin too, even though he had only 1 solo song. I was busy taking photos throughout the whole thing, so I might have missed out some happenings, but yes, definitely a good experience. Thanks Uncle A for the GREAT seats! And free too..hehe... ;)

Typical boyband pose huH?

I wonder how those guys can see anything at all

Leo Ku wasn't the only one with a fantasy theme. Most of the shopping centers were using the whole Fantasy/Fairyland theme for their Christmas decor as well. These pics are of Mid Valley, which I think had the prettiest Christmas decor for this year. They even had story telling sessions with fairy story tellers and the kids participating could dress up as fairies too. Kids nowadays really have everything huh?

2 comments:

chubbylin said...

hahaha the clock dudes look so funny! imagine they drop leo down hahaha..

Anonymous said...

Well written article.