Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy 24th Mike!

Today is the birthday of Mike FV, who is probably one of the most important guys in my life (outside of my family of coz) so far. I think everyone knows that we used to be together, but are just friends now. And yes, i think ppl still get confused about this, coz we hang out a lot in KL. But hey, like we always say, KL is a big place, and there are not that many of us from Kuching who can mix around that well.

But moving along, what shall we say about Mike? Well, as everyone knows, he's a good singer (big big fan of Jay!) and enjoys making people laugh. Definitely a good friend to those that he cares about, and a gentleman. So yeah, good with the ladies in his own way ;). Summary is, he's the type of boy you'd wanna bring home to introduce to your mum. HAha!

How did I meet this guy? Simple, I was in Swinburne's Council in my foundation year of 2003 and he'd just joined the Council too. We were organizing this Valentine's Day sale and had to set up the booth. So after the initial introduction, the first thing i said to him was 'Can you go to the Council room to get the radio?'. Lol. Being the nice guy that he is, he of coz went to do it. But I guess he must have thought I'm so bossy. Which he did tell me later. And I thought he was easy to bully. Hehe, so bad of me.


Boy, this was like really back in those old days..ahha

Despite our somewhat...bad first impression, we got to know one another better bcoz of some shared interests, like music and something of an addition to IRC (it was big back then b4 we progressed to MSN). Even up to this day, 5 years down the road, we still talk about the things we both like, such as Jay, Mayday or any good Chinese music, Final Fantasy games (though I've only played FF8), movies, Swinburne gossip, etc. Basically, he's probably the contact with the biggest MSN log file. He's like the first that I'll tell my stuff to, even the most inane or boring stuff. What to do, he's a good listener you know. Makes him very good boyfriend material, and trust me girls, he was/is a good boyfriend. Just that this girl doesn't know how to appreciate him. Hey, we're better off as friends now. So...no regrets for being with him and even being his friend now though :)

Look how skinny you were then!

So yeah, we've been through a lot together, seen new places, both as friends and as a couple previously. But at least we're still good friends now. So before I sound too loso, here's wishing you a great 24th birthday. May you have a great year ahead, and all your wishes come true. Hope you'll get that much-deserved promotion and maybe another Europe trip? And of course, a good girl who will treat u like the king u are ;) You deserve nothing but the best! Cheers mate!

No comments: