Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friends 4ever: Graduation

14th August 2007, a meaningful day for a lot of ppl. Not only was it my mum and Uncle's birthday (oh no, i just realized I forgot to wish my uncle a happy birthday! -_-||), it was also Swinburne's Graduation. Most of Michael's classmates graduated and with some others I know:

Serena (Bach. of Multimedia)
Henry (Bach. of Engineering, R&M, 2nd class lower honours)
Burger (Bach. of Engineering, E&CS, 1st class)
Dian (Bach. of Multimedia)
Ngee Khiong (Master of Multimedia)

Congratulations to all of them! I did go to the ceremony at Dewan Undangan Negeri with Mike, CY and Siaw Hui. We had to wake up early and we got to ride in a Toyota Wish!..Hahah..my 1st time le! Anyway, Henry had gotten us all tickets and we were supposed to be his family for the day. It was interesting to see the people we know all dressed up and looking like extras from a Harry Potter movie without wands. The lecturers were also in fancier looking robes and hats (though some looked funny..ehhe). Of course, the business students were crowded in the main lobby while the engineering students who were significantly outnumbered hung around outside the robing room. I think there were less than 20 engineering graduates.

Before the start of the ceremony, we took a lot of pics with the people we knew. I also ended up as Henry's personal photographer as he went around taking pics with the lecturers and some girls -_-||. For the actual ceremony, it was rather formal with a very long speech on behalf of the Chief Minister who couldn't make it. The only interesting thing was the very HEAVY-looking mace Dr. Dennis was carrying in the procession. Then of course, we were eager to see how many graduates we actually knew, and we clapped as loudly as we could for them. There was one lady who got a Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering from Swinburne Melbourne though. Wow.

I must say though, I'm really proud of my friends and their achievements. I will definitely miss them, though I may have only gotten to know some of them better in the past semester. But they're really great and caring friends and I wish them all the best. Hope we can continue to keep in touch and stay friends always. :D

Burger with the girls of E& CS, Siaw Hui, CY and me! we got him the bouquet of his fave piggies

Don't we look like Serena's parents? haha, esp with Mike's new specs

As the supposed parents of Henry for the day, though none of us actually cried

CY and I with Dr. Chua, our FYP supervisor in his doctor's robes, lol

Capt. Henry reunited with his Black Pearl which we got for his graduation present. May there always be a wind at your back, Captain!

A preview of next year's graduation, with Mike in Henry's robes

No comments: