Friday, October 19, 2007

Raya & Getting Sick

I was soooo looking forward to the Raya weekend, partly coz it was a long break for us, and of coz, all the Raya goodies. But unfortunately, I had to get sick then too! Darn it. Anyway, the group of us kicked off the holidays with a Monopoly/RISK/Mahjong night at CY's place. As usual, got demolished by Henry as he was all conquering on the Monopoly and Risk table :P But yay, did manage to win back on the Mahjong table. *evil laughter*...Surprisingly that nite, we did end up teaming up for Risk, instead of arguing and competing as we normally do. THough we did compete furiously at Monopoly. We had too much fun that night that some of us thought the next day was Saturday -_-

Stayed at home the whole of Friday and didn't even take a nap, unlike proper school days when I desperately crave naps. BUt i was starting to feel out of it by 8pm but refused to stay home. C'mon..it's the eve of Raya, and it's Friday night. But we all had no idea what to do....to go CY's place or to go clubbing? We were all so indecisive and I kept getting phone calls from the Capt who just couldn't make up his mind. So yea, was on the way out when he would call n say this...then five mins later...another call to go another place. Walaoz. We ended up at Soho, but were just sitting around the back, coz it was packed. So me, CY and August decided to go Zhen How for drinks coz we were bored. And then coz they left for MC3, we packed up and went over too. Geez, some ppl just can't take no for an answer...I said I didn't want to drink anymore and though I covered my glass..yea..still ended up with a refill...partly over my fingers too. Luckily my stamina has improved coz when i got home, I was really hin and kinda wanted to throw up. Not because I drank a lot (I didn't!), but bcoz I had a really really bad headache and was coming down with a fever. So yeah, that nite was pretty crappy coz kept tossing and turning and feeling extremely cold despite turning off the air-cond.

Woke up to find my hair was in a mess (and I just got it done! :P) but I was feeling better. Finally decided to join my family for Raya visiting, or else I'd have nothing to eat at home. So for all 3 houses (1 relative, 2 Rotarians)...I kept hearing the same things over n over again. "Are you working? Have you graduated?" Lol. I felt better as the morning went on, but felt very sleepy in the afternoon so slept for about 6 hrs. We went to Xanadu that nite where I got challenged to pool by the Capt. I won the 1st game by default (coz he put in the black ball) but lost the 2nd game pretty badly. What can I say, I havent played in 2 weeks, plus I kinda forgot about placing my fingers liao...Hehe. But when I got home, yea, I was pretty out of it and feeling sick again. So fun.

Once again, the next day saw me feeling better and it was off to visiting for another 3 houses. BUt the 3rd house, we went to Dayang's house where we had yummy cakes she made (Yum, choc cake!) and also the usual Raya food. Ooo..and since we were kinda bored, we went to CY's place where me, CY, Henry and Dominic had a battle of mahjong. Dom was keen to break the curse where the newbie never wins against the 3 of us. Sadly, I was the first to help him break it. It somehow ended up that Henry won the least..ahah...Maybe coz I laughed at him too much or wat but the next day, I got sick again! This time, it was down with flu and cough. The cough was most likely from the Sunny Hill ice-cream I had...coz I still had a little bit of cough earlier...and the flu was probably coz I was in the rain a bit on Sunday and on the Monday itself. Geez, immediate effect :(

Left to Right: Hong Liong, Chyi Yeou, Siew Hie, Henry, Dayang, me, CY, Dominic, Ban Yip

And this is the main reason I updated today. Check out this new Motorola U9, which is mainly a music phone. It looks damm nice, and I'm still wondering what the front is made of. It looks such a solid colour, yet the screen can display the music like tat so nicely. The screen is supposed to be seamless with the rest of the cover, unlike our current phones where u can obviously see the outlines. It's newly announced so should be available by Christmas or early next year.

No comments: